Job Vacancy – SME Advisor – Kenya
Our client; a leading business accelerator is looking to hire an innovative SME Advisor to provide support to early stage ventures in planning and executing their business strategies to improve efficiency in the operational and financial management of their businesses, as well as making them investment ready.
About the role
As a member of the team of SME advisors, you are in charge of driving entrepreneurs and businesses through their business development journey. Using the organization’s proprietary methodology and tools you will be assigned businesses who you will assist in thinking through key aspects of their business model, their strategies – be it product design, marketing, supply chain or sales and distribution. In partnership with the Financial Modeller, you will also assist in developing their financial models and preparing them for investments, including promoting them to potential investors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attracting high-potential and growth oriented early-stage ventures for the organisation’s programmes
- Screening and selection of business applicants, putting together an exciting cohort, including collection of relevant information and data
- Co-facilitate business development workshops ensuring the successful adoption and use of the organizations’s methodology and tools
- Individualized follow-ups with the businesses: During implementation of plans made during the workshops, further assist in the proper adoption and use of the orgainzation’s methodology and tools. Ensure that businesses arrive well-prepared for the business development workshops.
- Look for and approach appropriate mentors for “your businesses”
- Liaise with the Director of Programmes and Lead Facilitator on the progress of the businesses, including writing periodic progress reports.
- Liaise with the Financial Modeller in regard to the development of financial models and assist in the collection of information and data relevant to the pre-diligence work done by the Financial Modellers
- Reporting and documenting for funders, mentors, investors and other stakeholders
- Assist in the development of investor presentations for the businesses
- Planning and execution or workshop and event logistics
Who we are looking for:
- You have 5-8 years’ experience in developing businesses e.g. as senior consultant or business analyst, senior investment analyst, senior investment associate, financial modeller
- You can diagnose business needs and understand how to read and interpret business financials and generally understand numbers
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to conceptualize and concretise ideas and hypotheses
- You are a people person – you love interacting with new people and guiding them on a journey
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accelerator, advisor, analyst, analytical, associate, business, business analysis, business analyst, business development, client, collection, consultant, Data, Design, development, distribution, facilitator, financial, hire, investment, Kenya, Marketing, nairobi, people, person, product, reports, sales, senior, SME, supply, supply chain, team, work, workshop, writing