Job Vacancy – Sofa Production Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Sofa Production Manager for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll take the reins of our growing production operation. This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions for the sofa team and advance them to the next level. The Production Manager will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
- Map out a detailed forecast and planning for an exponential growth
- Work with the supply chain department to forecast and plan for the present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available
- Evaluate production schedules and labour requirements to plan team structure and development
- Develop and maintain production metrics for the different stations in the wood and upholstery teams
- Build strong rapport with our sofa production team through open communication; promote a positive, safe, productive and efficient work environment
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- Ensure that goods produced by your team always meet quality standards
- Work closely with Quality Control to ensure that quality gaps are caught as early as possible in the production chain
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced
- Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components
- Continuously work to improve the cost of products by optimizing raw materials, labour and utilities
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels
- Review production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Support research and development to keep our production team up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a team preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical)
- Technical background a plus
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 02 June 2019
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, bank, brand, building, capacity, career, career development, chain, chemical, communication, company, compliance, control, cost, country, delivery, development, early, employee, furniture, growth, innovation, investment, key, Layout, Leadership, level, Management, manager, manufacturing, mentorship, network, of, opening, opportunities, planning, point, policies, product, production, production manager, professional, proposals, Quality, Quality control, reports, research, supply, supply chain, team, technology, the, training, waste, work