Job Vacancy – Software Developer
Duma Works is recruiting a Software Developer for a leading business operations consulting firm in Nairobi.
Design, document, develop, deploy & maintain systems that are scalable, extensible and secure.
Systems development, Systems Implementation, Systems Management and Technical support.
- Design, document and present the systems/technical requirements.
- Develop systems through appropriate structured coding that allows reliability, availability, scalability, extensibility, reusability and security of the systems.
- Oversee the change management processes and develop the appropriate unit, integration, system and user acceptance testing methodologies and tools.
- Design various systems documentation (logical design specifications) to be used in implementing the systems, including architecture, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, etc.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the software
- Build the systems and platforms through appropriate structured modular programming (coding) that will allow reliability, availability and scalability of the system and corresponding systems and user documentation.
- Manage the handover of systems to end users and training that will allow integration of the system into the business.
- Review system performance, troubleshoot, debug and apply fixes to system components.
Systems Management and Monitoring
- Manage the engagement with external systems development consultants and ICT vendors
- Perform system management, change management, diagnostics, enhancement, optimization, and system support functions (technical and user support) by diagnosing system problems and offering quick turnaround solutions.
- Keep abreast of changing technology trends to enable continuous improvements and cost-effective and standards-based system implementations.
- 2 years or more of hands-on working experience with the following modern development software & technologies:
- Mobile: (Android)
- Frameworks: (Laravel, Ionic, Angular1, .Net)
- Databases: (MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Tools: (Cordova, Git, Maven, Gulp, Gradle)
- At least 2 years hand-on experience building and deploying high traffic consumer-facing Apps and platforms.
- Experience with setting up and consuming one or more cloud or DevOps services like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong ability to take a big picture look at technical projects and manage resources and workflows.
- Excellent communication & decision-making capabilities.
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Planning, organizing & managing a team.
- Interpersonal skills and team orientation
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3394”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3394 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 22 June 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.