Job Vacancy – Staff Writer in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Staff writer for Eatout Kenya; an online restaurant guide primarily based in Kenya and focused on growth to Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and Ethiopia.
The role requires someone with an interest in travel and culture. It is a key role as the job holder is a key contributor to the magazine and plays a big role in supporting the editor to get all the content in time for publishing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Carrying out research on different topics and creating an appropriate write up
• Writing content for the publications – could be light, short articles or lengthy, in-depth features
• Working with and liaising with contributors for timely delivery of content per agreed schedule
• Understand the magazine production schedule and work within the set timelines
• Stay informed and keep abreast of local and international developments in print and digital media
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• At least 1 to 2 years’ experience as a writer in both print and digital media
• Enjoys adventure, can think out of the box and familiar with the travel and food scenes
• An understanding of the target audience of the magazines and the appropriate approach for each
• A sense of humour and strong work ethic
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2862”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2862 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: content, content creator, content development, delivery, digital, digital content, digital media, DUMA, DUMA Works, editor, food, international, IT, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, magazine, media, nairobi, online, print, print media, production, Recruiting, research, restaurant, staff writer, travel, Vacancies, vacancy, work, works, writer