Job Vacancy – Store Assistant in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Store Assistant for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading interior design and construction services company.
Purpose of Assignment
The Store Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient receipt, storage, dispatch and out loading of supply/equipment.
- Take complete responsibility for the management of the company’s inventory and store, in line with company’s policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the Store.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained. Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports.
- Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on store segmentation
- Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation;
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals.
- Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages. Take periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the store.
- Ensure security of store, commodities and staff.
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the store operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options.
- Identify alternate store facilities when needed.
- Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Fast learner, adapts and respond to change, tolerate ambiguity
- Ability/Experience with using ERPs.
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in store management,
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehousing processes, from needs assessment, through planning, category management, procurement, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training in Store management, logistics, and business or training in appropriate disciplines, Certification in Warehousing/Logistic or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in store/logistic function, or an administrative function in an operational working environment.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Above par communication skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure context
- Solution oriented thinking
- 3-5 years working experience
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3208”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3208 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, business, communication, company, Design, DUMA, DUMA Works, Interior design, international, inventory, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, logistics, monitoring, nairobi, operations, Opportunity, procurement, Recruiting, stock, store assistant, store keeping, supply, supply chain, vacancy, warehouse management, work