Job Vacancy – Store Clerk
Duma Works is recruiting a Store Clerk for our client; a Conservancy comprising of Ranching and a High-end Hospitality property in Laikipia area.
- To administer stores stock and records effectively to eliminate loss and/or pilferage of spares and materials.
- Assist in administrative roles as may be allocated from time to time by the management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct research for suppliers of goods/services required by Workshop
- Receive stock into the store and update bin cards accordingly
- Dispense stock according to the laid down procedures
- Communicate with Senior Mechanics, carpenters and masons in regard to required spare parts and materials.
- All spare parts and materials issued MUST be recorded in the Issue Book assigned to every department.
- Monitor stock level for spare parts, lubricants and fuel and ensure re-orderlevels as prescribed by the Manager.
- Conduct monthly stocktake or as may be required by management.
- Upload LPOs and invoices onto Sage management system to generate ‘Goods Received Notes’ in a timely manner.
- Be able to understand, implement and follow verbal or written instructions
- Ensure general cleanliness of the store and the Workshop in general
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Age – above 30 years
- KCSE Minimum D+ (plus)
- Diploma in Procurement or Business Management /ACCA progress
- 5 years’ experience in Stores
- Experience in technical equipment or in a workshop environment
- Willing to work upcountry and live on site
- Proficiency in Computers, with excellent skills in Excel
- Knowledge Accounting Packages, e.g. Sage, Pascal etc
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in English & Kiswahili
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Able to function with minimal supervision
- Customer Care Skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Team player
- Excellent time management and information transfer
- Knowledge of basic accounting
To apply online click here
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: ACCA, Accounting, business, business management, excel, information management, jobs in hospitality, logistics, Management, manager, procurement, research, sage, services, stock, stores, supplies management, warehouse management, workshop