Job Vacancy – Storeman in Nairobi
Krones LCS Center East Africa Ltd is seeking to recruit a Storeman. The company provides after-sales services to clients in the fields of process, filling and packaging technology. The LCS covers all maintenance and repair services, spare parts and change parts. Customer responsiveness is a top priority for our service business.
Job Title: Storeman
Department: Material Management
Reporting Structure: Head of Material Management
The store-man contributes to the company by providing day to day warehouse operations such as goods receipt, storage and distribution of stock, stock control, goods classification, goods returns and all relevant documentation.
Task and Responsibilities
- Receiving and accepting of deliveries of supplies, tools, materials, and equipment inspecting deliveries for damage, verification of quantities received against purchase orders and delivery documentation,which also includes goods returns by customers.
- Correct storing of deliveries inwards using bins and/or specialized storage containers using appropriate packaging.
- Correct recording of receipts inwards and dispatches outwards and generally maintaining stock records.
- Monitoring of minimum and maximum inventory levels and requisitioning of new stocks where minimum levels have been reached.
- Dispatch of deliveries that are numerically correct appropriately packed in accordance with Customer orders accompanied with correct delivery documentation.
- Securing return of duly signed and completed delivery documentation from customers (PODs), which are forwarded to the company’s LCS Sales department.
- Conducting interim and year-end stock counts
- Recommending stock adjustments interms of accepted obsolescence rules.
- Maintaining warehouse in a clean andorderly condition.
- Maintaining spare part documentation
- Emergency stand by service, attendto emergency deliveries outside normal trading hours
- Ensure tools are stored properly and are fully functional
Knowledge and experience
- Warehouse operations and methods,stocks and inventory management
- Basic Knowledge of tools
- Goods issue and goods receipt practices, procedures and terminology
- Methods and techniques of effective customer service.
Qualifications and education required
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or Warehouse Management
- Minimum 4 years in a similar field
- Self-motivated,independent,solution orientated, deadline driven individual with strong time management skills
- Build mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- MS Office
- A certificate of good conduct
- Additionaloccupational training such as first aid, Health and Safety, Security awareness would be an added advantage
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 February 2018
Posted in Jobs Tags: customer, Customer service, delivery, East Africa, Education, inventory, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, jobs in nairobi, Management, nairobi, operations, Opportunity, procurement, procurement and logistics, procurement manager, procurement officer, Recruit, stock, storekeeper, storeman, supplies, supply chain management, Vacancies, vacancy, warehouse, warehouse administrator, warehouse management, warehouse manager