Job Vacancy – Stores Assistant – CLOSED
INDICATORS OF GOOD PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB
- A tracking and monitoring system for all supplies put in place and updated, off spec performance identified and remedial action taken promptly
- Issuing of products planned and co-ordinated to ensure efficient handling.
- Handling instructions complied with fully.
- Safety and health standards set and maintained.
- Zero Returns Achieved.
- In store product losses/damages kept at a minimum.
- Receive goods and stack as per the recommended stores lay out and update the computer system with all stock movement.
- Maintain good housekeeping and proper stacking methods that facilitate easy retrieval within the stores and ensure that safety and environment standards are maintained at all times.
- Initiate and manage projects/sites requisition forms and ensure these are accurate and up-to date.
- Responsible for stock turnover, maintaining FIFO and highlighting out of stock/low stock situations for action by Stores Manager.
- Ensure that the stores carry the right quantities of the full range of products, and monitor product movements to avoid dead stock.
- Identify obsolete and slow moving stock items and draw management’s attention to them.
- Ensure safety/security of the stores/goods.
- Take part in monthly, quarterly, and annual stock taking and respond to queries on variances.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records.
- Responsible for good housekeeping within the store.
- Business Administration or other relevant degree from a recognised university.
- Procurement and Supply Management Diploma or Degree from recognised institutions.
- 2-5 years’experience of purchasing and stores management.
- Knowledge of SAGE system will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Honest, diligent and trustworthy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability/Willingness to take Instructions.
- Store keeping skills.
- Record keeping skills.
- Stock Management skills.
- Report writing skills.
To apply online click here
This position is closed
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, analytical, communication, diploma, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, logistics, monitoring, operations, opertions, procurement and supplies, procurement jobs, product, sage, stock, stock taking, stores, stores assistant, supplies, supplies management, supply, supply chain, supply chain management, supply management