Job Vacancy – Supply Chain Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager for Watervale Investments.
About Watervale Investments
Watervale Investments is a quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position
Our supply chain is at the core of our business, bringing materials from around the world which are ultimately crafted into locally-made furniture adorning homes across Kenya. This role will ensure that our supply chain grows and develops apace with the company’s product development and manufacturing plans. The ideal Supply Chain Manager will be able to manage and grow a strategic global supplier network and ensure systems and processes are in place to meet growing procurement needs. A highly analytical, detail-oriented individual who can scour the globe for the best suppliers while building strong procurement and logistics systems would be a strong fit for this role.
Lead Supply Chain Growth and Development
- Ensure supply chain systems, processes and team capacity are apace with company growth
- Proactively grow the company’s supplier network for key materials to mitigate risk and keep pace with growing demand; identify and attend relevant trade fairs and conduct overseas factory visits
- Keep up-to-date with global market changes relevant to our key product lines
- Develop sourcing plans to accommodate increasingly complex sales and manufacturing needs
Offer Key Support for New Product Innovation
- Support retail product development team with material identification, research and evaluation
- Understand product design and manufacturing needs and offer sourcing support which contributes to high quality, cost effective finished products
Oversee Day to Day Supply Chain Management
- Manage a small team responsible for global and local procurement, sourcing and import functions
- Ensure appropriate targets are in place and are being consistently met by the supply chain team
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles. We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character. Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply. Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Sourcing and supply chain management experience coordinating a variety of suppliers
- Experience sourcing finished or semi-finished products
- Experience with contract manufacturing or sourcing for manufacture an advantage
- Experience supporting product development an advantage
- Strong people management and external relationship management skills
- A well-developed analytical ability and high level of attention to detail
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a quickly-growing organization and team
To apply, click here and follow the instructions.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analytical, and, Apply, building, business, capacity, chain, company, cost, Design, development, evaluation, factory, furniture, growth, import, industry, innovation, investment, Kenya, key, level, logistics, manage, Management, manager, manufacturing, market, network, of, Opportunity, people, people management, procurement, product, product development, professional, Quality, Relationship, relationship management, research, retail, sales, supply, supply chain, support, systems, team, the, trade