Job Vacancy – Sustainability and Compliance Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Sustainability and Compliance Manager for our client; a leader in the agricultural sector who aims to produce organic super foods from Kenya.
We aim to produce organic super foods from Kenya with two objectives;
a) Food Security by making farmers grow crops with high nutrition
b)Buy produce from farmers for export to Europe or other regions.
- Make sure all levels about food safety are covered.
- Make sure that all organic requirements are met so quality is high when exporting products to Europe.
- Be on ground in the farms to meet farmers and make sure planting is going as planned and we get the output needed.
- keeping a head of the value chain from the growing of products to the consumer level.
- Make sure product meet and qualify for the different certifications that is needed among others eg HACCP, ISO, Organic certifications for EUROPE etc.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in quality assurance, food science,agriculture, agronomy, horticulture or related agricultural sciences or related fields.
- The candidate should have a minimum 2 yrs experience in the field
- The candidate must know about food safety requirements and certification bodies from farm level to factory level and what is needed to make sure we can export high quality products.
- person should be Social
- knowledge of food security
Computer, Excel, Picture taking, Leadership, agronomist, worked in Europe or outside Africa
Ideal Candidate Background:
- A person who has worked with food safety certifications before.
- A person who knows about organic certifications and export – and all those things connected to soil analysis and what to do in order to certify farmers.
- knowledge of organic production and certifications and food safety issues
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3165”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3165 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 31 December 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agronomist, compliance, compliance manager, export, export compliance, factory, food, food safety, food science, food security, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, manager, Nutrition, organic farming, organic food quality assurance, quality assurance