Job Vacancy – System Administrator
Duma Works is recruiting a Systems Administrator for our client in Nairobi.
Ensure that the company I.C.T in place is accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures at international level.
Core Function and Details
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency and configuration of network IP addresses.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users; computer hardware, software, cabling and printers network
- Offer technical support to staff on computer programmes, packages and applications.
- Make recommendations for upgrades, hardware and software deployment and computer disposal.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify user needs from time to time while ensuring they are solved.
- Maintain integrity of the network, data, server deployment and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with all technical considerations.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Continuously report and respond to security concerns from the users and from risk analysis on the company
- Maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks
- Administer company fleet trucking systems and circulate reports on weekly basis/as need be.
- Continuously update company social media pages, apps and website.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Higher National Diploma/Diploma in IT.
- Two years working experience and above information technology specialty.
- Proven experiences in ERP programme a must.
- Proven working experience as a systems administrator.
- Must exhibit outstanding ability to learn and comprehend the fundamentals of the functioning of the present IT support function.
- Excellent general understanding of ICT with display of mastery in troubleshooting by utilizing deductive reasoning.
- Ability to achieve general ICT tools maintenance.
- Ability to illustrate general maintenance requisite and simple procedures for operation of network and system security.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication and decision making skills.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer aptitude, working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of Pastel system.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 23 January 2021
* After making your application, you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 3d, Administrator, analysis, and, availability, communication, company, Data, Design, digital, diploma, ERP, general, grid, hardware, ICT, information, information technology, international, internet, IT, IT support, job, jobs in kenya, Knowledge, level, maintenance, media, network, of, Office, personal, policies, reports, security, services, social, Social Media, software, support, systems, systems administrator, Systems Administrator jobs, Systems Administrator jobs in nairobi, team, Team player, technical, technology, web, work