Job Vacancy- Systems Administrator
Duma Works is recruiting a Systems Administrator for one of our clients. The company is one of the company’s in Kenya that is charged with the management and administration of a domain.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration,operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organisational values, enabling staff, volunteers and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Managing the registry system
2. Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
3. Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
4. Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data centre.
5. Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
6. Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and
7. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization
outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
8. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling
expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
9. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
12. Evaluate, create, change, and delete user accounts per request and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these
13. planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to
ensure cost effectiveness and reporting on projects
14. scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
15. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully
backed up to the appropriate media
16. researching, installing new systems and configure systems that supports domain Registry infrastructure
17. guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and
18. ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
19. providing secure access to the network for remote users;
20. securing data from internal and external attack;
21. managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
22. keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
23. Must provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
24. Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
25. Meet with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress
26. Clear understanding of the Domain System (Theory, Registration, Management)
27. In-depth knowledge of DNS & DNSSec
28. In-depth knowledge of the deployment & management of DNS Server Software (Bind)
Skills and Qualification
1. Degree in IT from a recognized institution
2. 4 years and more experience in system administration.
3. In depth Knowledge of Linux, Unix, Solaris Server Platforms (Deployment & Administration)
4. In depth knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL)
5. Good knowledge in Webserver Setup, Deployment & Management (HTTP/HTTPS on Apache & Tomcat)
6. Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networks and Protocols (IPv4 & Ipv6)
7. Knowledge in the Management of Private & Public Facing IP Networks
8. In-depth knowledge on IP Routing & Wide Area Networks (WAN)
9. Good knowledge in virtualization technologies
10. Good knowledge in Messaging Systems (SMTP/IMAP, VOIP)
11. Good Experience in Systems Documentation
12. Great Inter-Personal Communication & Presentation Skills
Do you believe you are the most suitable for this role? Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2160” and please make sure to include, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2160, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 1st May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administrator, Jobs, nairobi, systems, vacancy