Job Vacancy- Systems Administrator
Duma Works is recruiting for one of our clients. The company is a non profit organisation which works with enterprising people to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
Location: East Africa
The Regional Salesforce Systems Administrator (RSSA) is responsible for the configuration, operation, maintenance, and upgrades to East Africa’s Salesforce instance and ensuring the system can satisfactorily respond to the data needs of both individual programs and regional/country management needs. The RSSA will provide regional leadership with recommendations and guidance for creatively and cost-effectively responding to the data management needs and when appropriate will design and execute software builds.
With her/his contributions, the system will be able to:
- Increase standardization in M&E quality
- Improve data analysis and visualization
- Improve data management and security
Support onboarding of new projects into the system by providing necessary user logins and supporting with basic setup.
- Ensure project setup is completed in a timely manner, travelling to project location as necessary to support rollout.
- Consult with project teams and where appropriate train teams in configuring the SalesForce interface to their preferences.
- Train project teams on basic structure and use of East Africa’s Salesforce system, including use of the mobile data collection tool.
- Provide ongoing training and maintain knowledge database.
- Establish a support system/helpdesk, track and respond to user requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide one-on-one advising support so projects can get the most value out of the system.
- Maintain systems documentation and training materials on the system that are up-to date and accurate.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring.
- Perform regular file archiving and purges as necessary.
- Create, change and delete user accounts as requested.
- Manually upload data as necessary to support project teams with the creation of large numbers of records and any mass modification of existing records.
- Perform weekly data cleaning, interpret reports and send logs to relevant project teams.
- Support teams to drive data quality by proactively identifying areas with data quality issues and recommending potential solutions.
- Implement app and other software upgrades as needed.
- Consolidate and track feature requests.
- Creatively and proactively respond to user bottlenecks, developing ad hoc tools as needed.
- Provide vision for system upgrades with input from Global IT.
- Serve as the primary contributor to on-going builds and 0.x upgrades.
- Serve as a critical contributor to major builds and x.0 upgrades, providing input on task allocation, data modeling and system structure.
- Manage the sandboxes and users that have access to the sandbox environments.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, often with little advanced notice. A transitionary period at the beginning of deployment will likely require the RSSA to support other regional systems until Salesforce is fully deployed.
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Three years or more years’ experience in systems administration, with particular emphasis on data management for the monitoring and evaluation of large development projects.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Salesforce terminology and administration.
- Ability to proactively identify and address complex problems in a way that responds to end user needs.
- Ability to explain complex technology to users of all ability levels in a way that is respectful and engaging.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while contributing to a team effort.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2096” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2096, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 9th March 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administrator, Jobs, nairobi, systems