Job Vacancy – Systems Developer
Duma Works is recruiting a Systems Developer for our client; a reputable solar energy for profit company in Uganda.
About the job
The systems developer is responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining system applications including but not limited to the company ERP (Odoo). Part of his duties will involve diagnosing and resolving system faults.
ICT Functional Manager
- ERP Testing
- Writing unit and integration tests for existing and new code.
- Conduct usability tests with end users to ensure system performs as specified.
- Analyse existing systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify bugs and providing documentation on resolutions and workarounds.
- Code maintenance.
- Ensure all code is correctly maintained in source control systems.
- System software support.
- Provide level II system application support from time to time.
Job Qualifications and specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science OR Computer Engineering OR Software Engineering OR IT OR a related programme.
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and share information.
- Self Driven with ability to work with minimum supervision
- An eye for detail and identifying problems
Working Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on experience in application development using Python programming.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems especially Odoo is an added advantage.
- Strong OOAD (Object-Oriented Analysis and Design) experience
- Test-Driven development and experience in Agile Methodology
- PostgreSQL database management experience.
- Good knowledge of SQL, XML, and JSON.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3341”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3341 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 15 June 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, analytical, and, client, communication, company, computer engineering, computer science, control, database management, developer, development, energy, engineering, ERP, information, IT, job, Knowledge, level, LINUX, maintenance, Management, manager, of, python, Recruiting, science, software, software engineering, solar, solar energy, SQL, support, systems, team, tests, uganda, work, works