Job Vacancy – Tax Assistant
- Preparing and filing taxes for our clients.
- To ensure all taxation filing deadlines are met.
- To ensure the VAT transactions are applied accurately and consistently across the accounting system.
- Other duties, including special projects.
- Answer and respond to clients’ inquiries on their tax problems.
- Organize and manage all tax reports, statements and documents relating to clients.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality relating to their tax matters.
- Dealing with queries on taxation as emanated from Audit or from Client.
- General correspondence with clients and KRA.
- Must be aware of the Tax Laws and emerging issues; Vat, Paye, Nssf, NHif, withholding taxes, Installment taxes etc.
- Effective Maintenance of tax files having an index and things to do clearly labeled and effectively followed.
- Effective Listing of all Clientele in relation to tax.
- Completion and submission of self-assessment returns and Corporate tax returns (now on ITAX).
- Visit to KRA offices to sort out client tax matters.
- Visit to client’s premises when tax officials are carrying out an in-depth exercise.
- Be conversant with the KRA I tax platform and be ready to deal with all queries on the same.
- Assist the Tax Department on In-depths.
- Tax deadline conversant
- Computer literate comfortable using spreadsheets and formulas.
- Should have a liking to read.
- Microsoft Office Skills are required.
- The candidate should have a keen interest in detail
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Audit Firm Tax Department
- KRA Clerk
- Tax oriented BPO or consultancy firm
- ICPAK Certification is a plus.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3563”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3563 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 15 February 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountancy, Accounting, and, assistant, audit, client, consultancy, corporate, Firm, maintenance, manage, nairobi, of, Office, one, Recruiting, reports, Tax Assistant, works