Job Vacancy – Technical Maintenance Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Technical Maintenance Manager for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity, and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll take responsibility for ensuring that all the equipment in our growing factory is operating efficiently and safely. This is a key technical leadership role that requires leading a technical team in developing and implementing world-class maintenance systems. The Technical Maintenance Manager will work closely with our production teams to ensure maximum uptime.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Maintenance Systems and Planning
• Develop and oversee the implementation of preventative maintenance for all machinery – including foam processing and woodworking light and heavy equipment
• Plan and manage stock and supply chain for spare parts and factory consumables to minimize downtime
• Regularly review and update maintenance protocols to ensure best practices
Technical Team Management
• Lead and coordinate the work of a team of technicians working across different shifts; ensure they have the resources and skills to quickly and effectively respond to downtimes
• Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
• Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and safety standards
• Continuously work to prevent and minimize downtime
• Routinely review machinery and electrical safety to ensure the highest standards are met
• Identify opportunities for cost-effectively implementing equipment redundancies to ensure work interruptions are minimized in the case of equipment breakdowns
• Support the planning, installation and commissioning of new production lines
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop systems and tools in Microsoft Excel
• Good management skills, with a track record managing a small to mid-sized team including technical roles
• Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
• Deep technical knowledge of motor-driven and hydraulic machinery as well as a good working knowledge of electrical control systems
• Hands-on experience leading mechanical maintenance in a factory setting
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting or other environment involving significant machinery usage
To apply online click here
Posted in Jobs Tags: careers, Find a Job, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Vacancies