Job Vacancy – Technical Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Technical Manager for one of its client in Uganda. The hiring company is a reputable solar energy for profit company with branches in Kenya and Uganda.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for implementing our technical management strategy, policies and processes,ensuring client satisfaction through high quality installations that meet relevant standards, safety, and within budget.
Reporting :The Technical Manager will report to the Operations Manager and will work collaboratively with other desk managers.
- Management of Team :Plan, direct, coordinate and develop strategies for the installation,service and workshop team for the successful completion of tasks to ensure client
- Technical and operational Performance: Identify operational and technical issues to ensure timely,quality installations that meet relevant standards
- Staff Development: Mentor and coach team leaders to enable them develop productive teams
- Health and Safety: Promote, adhere to and ensure Health & Safety guidelines, standards and procedures are followed, ensuring good standards of onsite health and safety and to undertake health and safety risk assessments for each installation
- Communication and Reporting: Prepare timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the technical department and present them to Senior Management
- Management of the department: Manage the implementation and improvement of overall procedures and policies of the technical desk.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- At least 3 years of progressive experience of managing teams
- Relevant experience in Renewable energy sector will be an added advantage.
- Strong Organisation, Leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving, communication/listening skills
- Result oriented, capable to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications
- Project management skills.
About the Technical Manager
The Technical Manager is a key role to deliver a professional & high quality service for our commercial customers. You’ll be a customer focused individual with a passion for renewables, an eye for detail and a track record in full project management.
Review and evaluate proposed projects for technical and financial merits and adherence to program and standards.
The Technical Manager is responsible for the management of the installation,service and workshop teams.
You will work closely with other desks to identify, recommend, implement, and support technical
As well as these responsibilities, the Technical manager will define and implement Technical
policies, procedures, and best practices.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3127”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3127 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 01 December 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 2017, and, Best Practices, client, commercial, communication, company, customer, cv, Education, electrical, energy, energy sector, engineering, field, financial, industry, installation, insurance, job, july, kampala, key, Knowledge, Leadership, Management, manager, of, operations, operations manager, policies, professional, program, project, project management, Quality, renewable, renewable energy, reporting, road, senior, service, services, software, solutions, strategy, support, systems, team, technical, technical manager, the, travel, uganda, vacancy, work