Job Vacancy – Trainer /Consultant in planning, monitoring and evaluation
Main tasks and responsibilities
Acquisition of work
- Identify, follow-up and respond to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the Eastern and Southern African region.
- Analyse and understand clients request for service via an existing terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
- Steer the proposal writing process together with the project team.
- Come-up with strategies and write how you would approach the assignment i.e. methodological approach, methods used, workplan, budget, team composition etc.
- Acquire assignments for MDF-ESA within the MDF network.
- Represent MDF during functions and participate in formal and informal gatherings in order to build a network of clients and partners.
Execution of work
- Execute consultancies, open entry and tailor-made training assignments in area of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Take the lead and steer a team of 2 to 5 colleagues/partners during execution of assignments.
- Maintain client contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. Be the focal person for the client.
- Lead the report writing process and assure report quality.
- Maintain client and partner relationships.
Competencies looking for:
- Management expertise within projects, programmes, teams or organisations i.e. steering people, client management, financial management, knowledge management.
- Serve as team leader for multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
- Expertise in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans incl. the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
- Strong expertise with on-line data collection and analysis using mobile phone technology such as Kobo Collect, Ona and/or others.
- Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills via Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software.
- Strong writing skills of proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English, in time, understanding client needs.
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
- Strong participatory training and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with international character.
- Maintaining client relationships and networking.
- Service- and client oriented.
- Pro-active/take initiative, business driven, professional, cosmopolitan attitude.
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
- Work independently, be and take responsibility to the team and clients, practical approach.
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
- International and EAC and/or SADC working expertise.
- Capable to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Microsoft Word and Excel, Novell Filr, Adobe, PiktoChart, Skype, LinkedIn, online data collection tools and more.
- Fluent in English on an international standard.
- Portuguese or French language is an advantage but not compulsory.
- Interested to learn and improve.
- Interest in management for development.
- 10 -15 years of working experience in an international context.
- Background in service oriented positions i.e. business, advisory, international programme management.
- Regional and international working experience.
- Education level Master degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3308”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3308 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 30 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, available jobs in Kenya, capacity building, consultant, Data Analysis, financial management, Front, jobs in nairobi, monitoring, Monitoring and evaluation, NGO jobs, Program coordinator, program management, Program manager, project design, project management, proposal, report writing, SPSS, team leader, trade, training, USAID, vacancy