Job Vacancy – Truck Driver
Duma Works is recruiting a Truck Driver. The hiring company is a reputable agribusiness firm that imports and distributes fruits and vegetables across East Africa.The company is looking for an experienced truck driver (Class B, C & E) to serve their logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
The driver will be delivering our fruits and vegetables to various customers in the country and needs to be articulate, professional, and polished.
- Transport goods to and from Warehouse and distribution centers to Customer Premises
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and report problems to Logistics Department
- Follow the given routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log periods and kilometers spent driving
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Issue a delivery report at the end of the day
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Monitor and report on service dates, insurance and license renewal dates
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state
- Ensure that the vehicle is fueled and submit the fuel receipts to Logistics Department
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as a truck driver (Class B, C & E)
- Valid truck driving license (Class B, C & E) from AA Kenya.
- Ability to drive long hours
- Ability to drive a manual truck
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Good knowledge of roads in Kenya
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Minimum Educational Qualification: KCSE
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3275”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3275 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 23 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, brand, center, company, country, customer, delivery, driver, driving, insurance, Kenya, Knowledge, logistics, mechanical, nairobi, of, one, policies, professional, Recruiting, service, truck driver, warehouse, work, works