Job Vacancy – Uganda Country Manager
Purpose Of the Role
Duma Works is recruiting for a Country Manager in Uganda for our client who is a high impact organisation that seek to build better future for rural families by creating for them a healthy living home.
- 5 years of work experience, including at least 2 years of experience managing teams;
- Graduate degree (MBA, MPA/ID, MPA, etc.)
- Civil engineering or structural background will be an added advantage;
- Experience with fast-growing social ventures;
- Management skills, with some experience with impact evaluation and academic economics research.
- Excellent analytical skills, including excel modelling;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting, budget management, and financial management;
- Hard working and gritty to push through challenges; thrives in a bootstrapped culture;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments;
- Multitasking ability;
- Mature and poise under stress;
- Previous experience living and working in a developing country, preferably in Rwanda/East Africa;
- Entrepreneurial attitude, creative problem solver, patient team-player with a sense of humour.
- Represent the client and its organisational ethic to senior government officials and other partner organisations;
- Manage all staff, administration and operations in Uganda;
- Take ownership of all country-specific projects and deliverables.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Work with CEO to develop scale strategy and to set operational targets, and then manage execution of strategy;
- Roll out willingness to pay study alongside execution (randomizing pricing), working with academic researchers;
- Work with Marketing Managers to develop and execute marketing strategy;
- Refine and adapt business model to fit the Ugandan context based on field learnings;
- Support CEO in developing partnerships with institutional suppliers and buyers;
- Continuously assess and refine incentive systems.
Follow-up of Operational Systems
- Oversee the implementation of the clients corporate systems to scale (construction planning, inventory management, supply chain management, quality control management, customer relations management, financial management, etc.)
- Manage field operations and all operations managers and marketing managers, providing mentoring, capacity building, and training as needed;
- Apply results from R&D department to continuously improve floor quality in Uganda;
- Identify and implement process efficiency improvements.
- Manage country P+L, while understanding and managing differences in performance between operational units;
- Work with CEO to oversee country-level budgeting and audit;
- Work with finance to assure that accounts are up to date and that taxes are paid on time.
Oversee Human Resources
- Grow the Ugandan staff by hiring along with the needs of the organisation;
- Mentor new hires and develop staff to ensure the autonomy and success of the Ugandan branch;
- Ensure compliance with the Ugandan labour laws.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2821”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2821 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 24 May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, Administration, africa, analytical, and, audit, building, business, capacity, chain, client, compliance, control, corporate, country, Country Director, customer, customer relations, director, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, economics, engineering, evaluation, field, Finance, financial, financial management, general, government, Hiring, human, human resources, impact, inventory, job, manage, Management, Marketing, of, operations, partner, Partnerships, people, people management, planning, Quality, Quality control, Recruiting, relations, research, rural, Rwanda, senior, social, strategy, Success, supply, supply chain, systems, training, uganda, work, works