Job Vacancy – Versatile Head of External Acquisition and Communication officer
a) serve as lead on MDF-ESA its acquisition efforts thereby handling client and partner contacts/requests for services;
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage MDF-ESA general mailbox by answering and following-up via (international) phone conversations and email to clients/partners/supplier requests.
- Lead the acquisition operations of MDF-ESA new training/consultancy assignments/opportunities. Communicate with clients, follow-up on their requests, manage client feedback.
- Support the preparation and finalisation of MDF-ESA proposals (focusing on the administrative part and not the content part) via lay-out editing, preparing the by client requested documentation, adding/editing annexes such as CV’s; references; company information etc.;
- Manage the Social Communications of MDF-ESA via the execution of strategic communications plan on existing social media channels; creation/adapting communication content; drive strategic growth of social accounts; analyze online and social metrics and analytics; and produce monthly reports.
- Manage the MDF-ESA website via using WordPress site management; write and update content for the MDF Africa social media platforms; maintain corporate blog posts and current content; maintain contact with the website administrator for any necessary updates; analyze site metrics and analytics; produce monthly reports.
- Lead email Marketing efforts via creating email marketing campaigns using MailChimp; maintain client email database and undertake quarterly audits; manage the email marketing schedule and calendar; assist in strategic message scheduling; analyze program metrics and analytics; and produce monthly reports.
- Develop Graphics and manage General Marketing efforts via assisting in developing and designing promotions for MDF Africa programs, initiatives and events; integrate graphics into marketing and communications initiatives; develop infographics (via PikToChart) from research and data.
- Manage Public Relations via preparing and placing press releases to targeted media channels; undertake media and press relations duties; maintain print and online media clippings and mentions; maintain an updated database of key press corps for each region.
- Coordinate Research and Information data via coordinating targeted market research studies
Managing of training courses:
- Administrating the open entry trainings in Nairobi: registration, administrating and liaising with participants to sell courses, replying on enquiries, organise trainings in partnership with the trainer(s) (preparing materials, reserving the training venue, preparing and sending Letters of Invitation, preparing evaluation forms and every other matters related to the preparation of the training courses), follow-up with participants and liaising with finance for invoicing.
- Undertake Telemarketing duties to boost number of participants for Open Entry training courses.
- Compile quarterly reports and data on participants for Open Entry training courses; track demographics of Open Entry training participants.
- Strong document processing and administrative skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, online knowledge management skills), work systematically.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Capable to handle modern communication technologies – Novell Filr, Skype, Facebook, LinkedIn, InfoGraphics, MailChimp, Bitable, WordPress, Graphic design (InDesign, Adobe illustrator) and more.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies and promotions.
- Expertise in social media marketing.
- Excellent international standard of English (Swahili and French are an asset).
Personal social competencies
- Service- and client oriented.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to- face i.e. respectful, business oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
- Pro-active/take initiative, business driven, professional, cosmopolitan attitude.
- Work independently; be responsible to the team and clients, practical approach.
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9-5 mentality.
- Interested to learn and improve.
- Ability to maintain client relationships and networking.
- International working expertise in Africa.
- Interest in management for development.
- Affinity with the consulting/training sector
- 5+ years of working experience preferably in an regional/international context. Background in service oriented positions. Background in training/consultancy organisations is an asset.
- Regional and international exposure.
- Education level BA or equivalent in administration, communication, marketing, sales.
To apply online click here or send your motivation letter (max 1. page) and CV (outlining responsibilities and results achieved) to [email protected] marking the subject as “3304”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3304 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 31 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, Administration, administrative, Administrator, adobe, advice, africa, and, Apply, Arusha, business, client, communication, Communications, company, consultancy, consulting, content, corporate, creation, customs, cv, Data, Design, designing, development, Education, email marketing, entry, evaluation, events, Facebook, Finance, french, general, government, graphic, Graphic design, graphics, growth, head, impact, information, international, invitation, Kenya, key, Knowledge, level, manage, Management, market, market research, Marketing, media, nairobi, networking, of, Office, officer, online, operations, opportunities, partner, Partnerships, people, phone, print, processing, professional, professionals, program, programs, project, project management, promotions, proposals, Public relations, Recruiting, relations, research, sales, service, services, site, social, Social Media, team, the, training, USAID, vacancy, work, works, writing