Job Vacancy – Warehouse Administration Officer
Duma Works is recruiting a Warehouse Administration Officer in Kisumu. The hiring firm is a leading agricultural supply chain platform in rural Africa.
We are an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa that provides procurement and distribution services to clients that want to improve their agriculture supply chain services and in turn deliver essential farming inputs and other value adding products to clients and consumers in rural Africa.
Purpose of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Inventory Manager, the Warehouse Administration Officer will provide general office administration services by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies and monitoring administrative tasks to their successful completion. In addition, he/she will responsible for processing orders in the EPR systems.
- Receive and efficiently process orders from the Suppliers
- Relay orders to the Warehouse Manager and ensure they are attended to within 24hours
- Handle Supplier ERP system
- Manage and account for the warehouse petty cash ensuring that expenditures are supported with relevant documents
- Maintain the warehouse asset register, proposing the purchase of new assets and ensure available assets are in good condition
- Manage administration workflow. Schedule and assign administration tasks, study and implement cost reduction methods in task execution and develop reporting procedures for administration work
- Ensure that the telephones, water, internet and sanitation facilities are available and well maintained
- Maintain accurate records of administration tasks. This includes schedules for office cleaning, repairs, maintenance of the office assets etc.
- Manage the cleaning team
- Respond to general enquiries and attend to walk in visitors, receive incoming calls and forward to relevant persons/take messages for unavailable persons
- Issue, control and collect gate passes for visitors, trucks related to loading or offloading activities
- Receive and responds to all inquiries made at the reception by providing directions, instructions, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons
- Develop and implement an effective filing system for all warehouse operations related documents such as delivery notes and GRN
- Support the undertake of periodic warehouse stock audit
- Prepare administration quarterly reports: This includes but is not limited to: warehouse supplies usage, calls received and concerns noted and any other administration reports that may be required from time to time
- Resolve administrative problems and challenges by coordinating the administration docket effectively and identifying solutions to recurrent problems
- Perform other related duties as required by the Inventory Manager or the Directors of the company.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Accounting knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in an accounting or administrative post
- Ability/Experience with using ERPs (SAP) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Access)
- Past experience working in a Warehousing company will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of general office machines
- Ability to supervise
- Time keeper
- High degree of discipline and punctuality
- Perfect organization skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure context.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3162”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3162 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29 December 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: 2017, account, Accounting, Administration, administrative, africa, agricultural, agriculture, and, audit, business, business administration, chain, cleaning, coast, communication, company, control, cost, delivery, East Africa, ERP, farming, field, general, information, internet, inventory, inventory manager, keeper, Kenya, kisumu, Knowledge, maintenance, manager, monitoring, of, Office, Office administration, officer, one, operations, point, policies, power, processing, procurement, reception, reporting, rural, services, solutions, stock, supplies, supply, supply chain, systems, team, vacancy, warehouse, warehouse manager, work