Job Vacancy – Warehouse Manager
- Maintain warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations in line with QHSE
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system and keeping track of delivery times.
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timelines targets.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an budget; scheduling expenditures;initiating corrective actions, approve requisitions and analyse work orders.
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess team performance.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Who are you?
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of working experience as a Logistics or Inventory Manager
- Computer and IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrated ability with managing processes and analysing information.
- Degree in Logistics & Procurement or Supply chain management
- A professional qualification in CIPS is a must
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3334”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3334 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 04 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: jobs in kampala, Jobs in Uganda, logistics, procurement, supply, supply chain, supply chain management, systems, uganda, warehouse, warehouse management, warehouse manager