Job Vacancy – Web Developer
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
60%: WEB PROGRAMMING PROJECT WORK
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain internal- and external-facing web applications to support the business operations of the business.
- Serve as a technical consultant for organization-wide projects.
30%: WEB APPLICATION ADMINISTRATION
- Support the installation, configuration, and deployment of Laravel, CodeIgniter and Yii applications.
- Participate with other Team members in identifying and re-mediating Web application security vulnerabilities.
5%: USER SERVICES
- Respond to user phone calls, walk-ins, and Helpdesk inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Work with the staff to provide documentation and handouts for the programs and services available through Information Technology.
- Provide consulting services to the Staff to help develop ideas for innovative projects involving technology-based productivity tools, including recommendations of appropriate hardware and software.
5%: IIT STAFF WORK
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Participate in Web Team meetings.
- Participate in IT Team assignments.
- Work with the Systems Team to implement a yearly security audit process for all systems as well as enhance the current security measures.
- Evaluate new technologies and software appropriate to the company.
- Prepare monthly system reports.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Systems Administrator.
- B.S. Computer Science or B.S. Information Technology degree
- Must have experience with database design using one or more of the following: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Must have experience developing intuitive and attractive user interfaces.
- Experience with WordPress, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux servers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing effective user interfaces
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3618”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3618 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 31 March 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.