Job Vacancy – Wildlife Rescue Centre Manager – CLOSED
Overall Job Purpose
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Wildlife Rescue Centre (WRC)
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations including but not limited to, all animal husbandry and the Conservation Education Programme.
- Ensure the well-being of the animals and liaise with the appropriate partners to ensure an optimal use of the WRC facilities dedicated to hosting animals.
- Work hand in hand with the Conservation Manager and CEO to develop the WRC further (raise funds, expand programme, develop content, develop partnerships with KWS regarding wildlife rescue, etc.)
- Be responsible for the WRC Conservation Education Programme: develop the current Conservation Education Programme at the conservancy’s WRC in general (bookings, contacts with schools and visitors, staff working on Education programme, content of programme, raising funds, etc.) and ensuring its outreach to all Kenyan school children.
- General Duties
- Managing the Staff for the WRC.
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of all infrastructure within the WRC and surroundings.
- Preparing yearly and monthly budgets in conjunction with management and being accountable for the same.
- Defining yearly short, mid-term and long-term strategic objectives for each of these departments.
- Assist and support Human Resources in the updating of the list of employed staff, their children and confirming their housing arrangements at Pyramid complex, on a regular (minimum, six-monthly) basis.
- Experience in wildlife conservation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office especially word, excel and power point.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Budget and financial management experience.
- Fundraising experience.
- Animal handling and husbandry experience.
- Conflict management experience.
- Supervisory/ people management experience.
- Leadership skills and experience.
- Practical individual.
- Proficient in English.
- Comfortable working in a remote area.
To apply online click here
This position is closed
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, area, center, CEO, communication, content, Education, excel, financial, financial management, general, human, human resources, job, maintenance, Management, manager, of, Office, operations, Partnerships, people, people management, point, power, service, support, training