Marketing and Brand Director – CLOSED
Duma Works is recruiting a Marketing & Brand Director for Kenya’s award winning and leading hotel brand with a chain of luxurious hotels in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu.
The role concentrates on promoting the hotel as a key 365 days a year business which draws in corporate and consumer clients. The marketing manager will also have to know PR and branding.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: Minimum 3 to 5 years of related work experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Has a keen eye in details
- Has the knowledge of brand consistency
- have an instinctive feeling about future product concepts
- have good analytical skills
- be a good listener, able to respond to results and consumer research
- be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Be enthusiastic about their product area.
- Strategic Leadership – ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Analytical – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Develop and execute short range Marketing plans and programs, to ensure the hotel brand equity growth and expansion of products and services that enhance the Unit brand.
- Manage promotional and advertising initiatives in line with Hotels brand standards
- Manage unit’s research function
- Coordinate unit PR activities
- Responsible for managing and delivering the day to day marketing activity for the hotel in line with the agreed marketing strategy to support the delivery for hotel revenue targets
- Responsible for the management and growth of the hotel data and the targeted use of the database
- Contribute to the creative process from creative brief to delivery for all hotel communication, collateral and websites
- To manage and coordinate the hotel communications plan to ensure that all communications are targeted at the right audience and delivered on time.
- Responsible to ensure that every marketing does has a way of tracking return on investment and should be as effective
- Ensure that all hotels have brand consistency and are clear in the communication strategy
- Coming up with innovation and creative online campaigns
- Ensure that the best possible rates are achieved through suppliers when ordering material and services
- Manage market research activities to provide information relating to market potential and market conditions
- Manage research and development programs and activities to facilitate introduction of new products or processes or recommend improvements to existing products or processes
- Direct the investigation of trends and market developments within the competitive set and provide marketing recommendations to management
- Monitor competitors’ activities
- Brand Development
- Enforce the visual identity for all hotels
- Preserve consistency while ensuring that all branded materials express the most effective and recognizable company message
- Coordinate all unit marketing activities in liaison with Head Office Marketing, to ensure adherence to brand standards.
- Collateral development and management.
- Ensure brand presence in all key events.
- Product Development
- Identify the need gap across all Hotel functions ( Rooms Division, F&B and MOD)
- Liaise with all HOTELS functional teams in product development
- Facilitate review of existing products through research
- Online Marketing
- Constant review of all hotels website content and functionality
- Liaise with Web Marketing Manager on website updates
- Monitor and share competitor online activities
- Ensure all hotels brand parity across all online media channels
- Monitor reviews on all online media channels and provide feedback.
- Engage 3rd party sites and social media channels to increase brand awareness and online revenue generation
- Promotions & Advertising
- Execute marketing strategies and direct advertising and promotional activities.
- In consultation with marketing director, communicate with advertising agency, designers on on-going campaigns and production of promotional materials; prepare communication briefs, follow up with designers and printers.
- Liaise with marketing director in planning advertising and promotion activities both below the line and above the line.
- Head the weekly unit promotions meetings.
- Identify strategic brand partnership and events for promotional purposes.
- Manage all the unit merchandise
- Database Management
- Maintain an updated database and ensure timely dissemination of all marketing communication.
- PR & CSR
- Manage unit PR and CSR activities
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as MSD 1798, Your Full name & Phone number. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Apply, career, hospitality, hotels, Job Opening, job vacancy, Kenya, nairobi, Recruiting