Opportunity – Entrepreneur – Start up Business
Duma Works is recruiting a commercially driven Entrepreneur to manage operations for a startup business in the WASH sector. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully running a business, with strong business development and relationship management skills.
The health of our children is the concern of us all. Having safe water and sanitary facilities at primary and secondary schools across Kenya is an important contributor to the health of our children. But what happens if schools cannot afford the operations & maintenance of the facilities? And how do school teachers make sure children actually use these facilities?
This new start-up business has developed a portfolio of services to resolve the mentioned challenges. They are now seeking a commercially driven entrepreneur who can grow the business. The purpose of this start-up is to improve the health of millions of children throughout Kenya, by offering consultancy services to customers like the county governments, NGOs, schools, PTA’s and masons.
Your responsibilities and activities
As the entrepreneur, you will manage a diverse team of water technology experts, sanitation technology experts, sports coaches, and business developers advice and helps clients;
- to effectively implement water and sanitation facilities at schools,
- to introduce sports coaching for increased impact on children and
- to introduce business models locally as an income generator for schools, allowing the school management to pay for water bills and operations & maintenance of the facilities for lasting impact. Next to the management of the start-up, your main responsibility is to acquire business and contracts from WASH implementers and WASH financiers.
You are a social entrepreneur
- With a dedication to improving the health of all children;
- That has worked in water, sanitation and health sector (WASH), education sector or sports sector;
- With a network among WASH implementers and WASH financiers in Kenya;
- With a drive to make a start-up a success and ability to co-invest part of your time on short term;
- With proven experience in business development and acquisition of business clients
- With proven experience as an entrepreneur (min. 2 years)
- Educational background bachelors or Masters in business management.
- Great communication skills
Roles of the entrepreneur
- Co-creating the vision, mission and strategy together with the founders
- Setting strategic or SMART goals for the organization.
- Leading the implementation of the strategy, responsible for realising the set goals
- Communicate on behalf of the organization, with stakeholders, government entities and the public
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments etc.
- Planning, budgeting and general overview of project implementation
- End responsible for human resource management
This is a part-time engagement for the period of business plan development and pitching to investors. You will plan your schedule as the demands of the role will require.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3628”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3628 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 11 July 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, business, business development, business management, communication, consultancy, development, Education, Entrepreneur, general, government, human, Human Resource, impact, industry, Kenya, maintenance, manage, Management, market, network, of, operations, opportunities, project, resource, services, social, sports, Start Up, strategy, Success, team, technology, the, Water technology