Duma works is recruiting a Financial Controller in Kampala. The hiring company is a reputable renewable energy in Kampala, Uganda.
About the company
It sells high-quality solar systems to fit the needs of rural households and small entrepreneurs from 50Wp home set-ups capable of powering a radio, phone and small number of lights to 10KWp systems that can power a small office or machine – plus a range of consumer electronics, including LED lights, televisions, fridges, flat irons and water pumps.
Crucially, we also provides credit and service that allows customers to spread payments over 24 months and receive service for 5 years. The company has an extensive network of 45 branches in Uganda, is currently expanding operations to Western Kenya, and considering further expansion for the future. We have all the pieces in place to take optimal advantage of this unique market opportunity.
- You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa. You bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to do this work
- You have deep financial and management expertise, and are excited about being hands-on, without getting lost in the weeds.
- You are a problem-solver, a direct and candid communicator, and a thoughtful change agent who understands that there are tensions to balance in this kind of diverse organization
- You are a natural manager able to guide our finance strategy and management while working in a complex, constantly changing and resource-constrained environment. You are eager for the challenge of shaping the future of this organization
- You have the skills to provide clear, consistent financial leadership for a fast growing social enterprise, and the nimbleness to respond to continual innovation and increased demands for performance
- You inspire excellence with your team, building a sense of shared values and goals