Duma works is recruiting Support Engineer interns for our client. The hiring firm is a leading cloud infrastructure company in Kenya.
We are looking for graduate interns who upon completing their probation period successfully will join the Graduate Trainee program. They will be responsible for providing technical support to customers via phone, email, chat and other channels as required. An educational background in engineering or IT is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to management as required
- Document knowledge in the form of customer knowledge-base and internal wiki articles
- Participate in customer projects and ensure they are delivered on time and supported as per engagement agreement with customer
- Customer visits to troubleshoot any issues they might be facing using the company’s products
- Creation of public facing articles through the company website and blog
- Development or improvement of work flows within the company
- Training and assistance of new employees in your team
- Cooperation and coordination with other departments to specify, implement, scale and debug existing and new product lines
- Attendance of training courses, conferences and workshops as appropriate
- Keeping up with new technology advancements and incorporating in company’s products and workflows.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work environment includes computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust
- Incumbents will be on call to provide support services during off hours. Scheduled night and weekend work will be required
- Moderate lifting of equipment may be required.
- BSC degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server, Unix/Linux systems and utilities is required
- Scripting or programming skills is a plus
- Positive attitude towards resolving customer issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2817”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2817 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.