Vacancy as a Business Development Manager in Nairobi – CLOSED
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving inspiring mobile and software solutions and managing, mentoring and growing a team of talented designers, developers and engineers.
Responsible for driving the mobile and web application portfolio planning and development process. The BDM will lead multiple concurrent projects to completion on time and within budget. Manage the team responsible for end to end delivery of projects. Manage the scope, development, QA and deployment of new products and platforms. Ensure that the suite of products and services including are delivered in a timely manner to support multiple programs. The BDM will be the face of the business unit to senior management and will provide unit status and metrics on a regular basis. Will review performance of team members and mentor and motivate the team resulting in high quality deliveries and employee satisfaction. The candidate must demonstrate a track record of leadership in the mobile or web development field and experience in application development for large scale solutions, with experience in the customer facing solutions.
- Develop the product and services roadmap to create a strong portfolio.
- Collaborate with Client and management to validate the roadmap relevance constantly.
- Recruit, lead and mentor a team of skilled technical development and sales professionals in a cross-functional team
- Instill a spirit of rigor and continuous improvement in all aspects of development processes
- Drive a discipline of execution, performance analysis and optimization efforts.
- Frequently interacts cross-functionally with other business units and customers.
- Work with 3rd party vendors/consultants to develop specialized modules. In doing so, make certain that knowledge sharing and transfer occurs with internal resources.
- Manage the day to day delivery aspects including requirements scoping and specs development
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation across multiple competing priorities to deliver solutions in a timely and architecturally sound manner
- Drive the quality of delivered software by ensuring sound design, quality assurance and adequate user acceptance levels
- Drive team members to define a technical intake model that properly assesses the requirement request, establishes solution models and Level of Effort, to allow the business to quickly assess potential impacts
- Ensure teams properly document technical and operational aspects of delivered solutions
- Provide status reports on a daily and weekly basis to management.
- Minimum of 3 years in a successful Website development/Design & Mobile Applications role in a related industry.
- History in Website development & Mobile applications.
- University graduate with a degree in ICT related industry- IT solutions/Computer science.
- Skilled enough on programming and Website development.
- Disciplined and dedicated to the company and the assigned role.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Ability is disposition to present and negotiate a win-win solution for clients.
- Positive can do attitude grounded in reality of the local business environment.
Full time employment with a competitive salary.
If you feel that you are the right candidate to fill this position, submit your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Development Manager 1780” Include your NAME and PHONE NUMBER in your message
Your application should include:
- A cover letter outlining why you believe you are best suited for the role. (as an attachment)
- In the cover letter, include your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date
- Curriculum vitae
Posted in Jobs Tags: Apply, Business Development Manager, DUMA Works, Job Opening, Opportunity, Recruiting